This is not necessarily a reflection on my specific classroom but on kids in general. I work at Cedar Park Christian School in the extended care program. During this time I hear the students conversing with each other about their different games and their newest cell phones. I find it amazing how much parents these days by their children. Just last week I overheard a student telling another student about her Christmas presents, the parents bought her a Nintendo DS, one of her brothers a Xbox 360 and another one of her brothers a Wii. All of these presents together are near $1,000 which to me is outrageous. Sure it is their money and they can buy their kids whatever they want but I feel the message that their kids are getting though these presents is not the best. When I was younger my parents were blessed with money but I would have never seen a Christmas like this one, I was taught to share, the kids in my family did not need their own game console. Maybe it is just different these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Me
About Me
- Johnali
- Kirkland, Wa, United States
- Doubts come and go but Jesus is forever, it is called faith because there is an element of unknowing through the belief.
Grants for Classrooms
Classroom Resources
Teacher Resources
Learning Games
Healthy Students
Classmates Blogs
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(30)
-
▼
February
(10)
- SmartBoard Preso Reflection
- Assignment #3- SmartBoard Activity
- Web 2.oooo What?
- Classroom Reflection on Organizational Skills
- Classroom Reflection: When Passion Grows
- Reflection on Kids and Technology
- Classroom Reflection on ACTIVBoard
- Classroom Reflection on Valentines Day
- Assignment #2
- SmartBoard Activities
-
▼
February
(10)
1 comments:
It's amazing, first of all, that some parents will spend that much cash on their kids; and that some people even make enough money to afford so many extravagant gifts. I agree that they probably are not doing their kids any favors by spoiling them, but I think that's just how it is for many people, especially families on the East Side. Hopefully these parents are teaching their kids to be grateful for the things they receive.
Post a Comment