Assignment #5

Monday, April 21, 2008

My SmartBoard Presentation
I really enjoyed making my SmartBoard presentation. I used a lesson plan that I had done for Instructional Design to create my slides. It was so much easier doing a presentation like this because all of the information is readily available for the students to see and really incorporates all student involvement. For the lesson I used many of the graphics SmartBoard has that are easy to access. I also used the shapes and line tools to create graphs for the students to see how to set up tables to organize their gathered information. I really enjoyed the infinite cloner tool. I used it to set up graphs such as the pictograph. Students will come up to the board to move either the whale or bird to show what they would rather be for a day. Each student will have a chance to come up and move their choice onto the table, this will concretely show their information. I also used the infinite cloner tool for words so we can set up math problems of more than and less than using a word bank. This made it really easy because it is not something that can be set up before class since it depends on the students choices.
I feel quite comfortable with SmartBoard but I know there are still a lot of features that I am still unsure how to use or are even available to use. The second technology I chose to attach to my lesson is a sound clip. An ocean sound is supposed to activate when clicking on the whale, and bird noises when clicking on the bird. After much frustration of trying to add a link or download the clip to my computer I realized that maybe I will have to have the sound already downloaded on the computer for it to work. I added the sound as a attachment so you can listen to it if you want. I am going to continue trying to figure out if the sound can be attached directly to the presentation but until then you have to download the clip to your computer to listen to have it be apart of the slide.

0 comments:

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web